MacOS support dropped
As a game developer, you obviously want as many people as possible to be able to play your creation, but sometimes you have to be sensible...
After some time of testing on MacOS, I decided with a heavy heart to no longer release the game for this system. There are too many different problems that have arisen there. For one player the installation via Steam doesn't work, for another it works but it won't start. For someone else, both installation and startup work, but there are countless graphical errors that make it impossible to play.
Since I don't have an Apple system myself, it's difficult for me to isolate the errors myself and I have to rely on other people. These are not good conditions for being able to offer support for an application or game. My motto is: Better not to offer the game on a system at all than to disappoint the players and not even be able to help them when they encounter technical problems.
In my childish naivety, I assumed that if the Unity Engine offered the ability to create a build for MacOS, there would be no problems with this, but I was proven wrong.
Maybe in the future I will find a way to make the game playable on MacOS and also be able to offer decent support. In this case, I would of course publish a MacOS port, but under the current circumstances, publishing it would be irresponsible.
Posts in this Series
- MacOS support dropped
- Wormventures GIF-away #7
- Current statistics
- Steam page now available in french, spanish and portuguese
- Wormventures GIF-away #6
- Wormventures GIF-away #5
- First complete playthough and playtime
- Wormventures GIF-away #4
- Wormventures GIF-away #3
- Second Trailer released
- Wormventures GIF-away #2
- Wormventures GIF-away #1
- Talking italian
- My Sabbatical is over
- YAMR: All animations done
- Fear scenes
- All characters done
- Unity, the killer
- The Briefing Room and more characters
- Translating recipes
- Translation work
- My workplace for the next weeks
- A new procedural sky system
- One month of fulltime development
- New gameplay video with german voice overs
- German Voice Overs / Longer Demo Version
- Game not coming in 2022
- Stormworm is back
- Demo version updates
- Talking about UI: Inventory
- Demo version playthrough on YouTube
- Demo version updates/bug fixes
- Demo version ready for beta testing
- Scene Evolution
- Worms, worms, worms – They multiply!
- Worms that learn to run
- The longest journey (an adventure game ever made)
- Crawling into the light: Wormventures – Barrier 51